Sunday, October 2, 2011

Congrats KPK!

First and foremost I would like to CONGRATULATE Ms. Kaitlin over at Kait's Primal Kitchen for reaching a 1000 'Likes' for her facebook page!  Way to go girl!  I think you are an amazing person who obviously LOVES what they are doing and LOVES informing others.  You are awesome at it and I'm really glad I have the opportunity to work with you. You inspire me daily!  I'm very excited for your e-cookbook!  :0)  If you have not checked her blog out, what are you waiting for?!?  It's a must see/read!

Moving on, it's been rainy and chilllllly here!  Fall has definitely arrived no doubt.  Luckily I have plenty of indoor workouts to keep me going for day's I cannot get out for a run or walk (1-2xs a week obv weather pending).  I am missing working out in a gym having someone to be in my face and able to correct me and encourage me.  It's definitely not easy doing it on your own.  I have to play multiple people while I workout!  I'm my own cheerleader (thankfully only 1 neighbor and she's old and yells bloody murder all the time anyways, so I'm pretty sure I don't care if she hears me for 20mins yelling positives at me), I'm my own assistant trainer as well, having to look in the TV or Fireplace to make sure my form is correct and I'm the actual worker outer...lots to do in those quick workouts!  I am not complaining tho as I'm lucky to have space and the means to do workouts with out a gym.  I will be happy though to be back in a city that has my gym or be back in AZ to work with Kaitlin.

The past week as far as food goes has been a little harder for me.  I had taken out fruit and nuts...not easy as they are a love in my world.  Fruits I have been pretty great about, especially considering I have some Honeycrisp Apples staring at me from the counter and I have to pass them up :0(  Nuts has really been tough...there has definitely been a couple of days where I grabbed a small handful of almonds, ate them and then got mad for caving...but you live and learn.  Now I don't feel as bad since I admitted to my slight mishap.  Good thing this is a lifestyle change vs a crash diet.  Lifestyle just means I have to keep chugging away and figure out what works for me and what doesn't.  (whew, my little confession has me feeling much better, now I can get on with it!)

This post seems to be more a spill of what's been on my mind vs. a food etc post.  I do think that allows people to see my progress though and that it is not all perfect going in such an opposite direction in relation to diet.  My cravings are not bad really.  I do not miss many carb items such as bread, pasta, rice etc.  I do however have one crazy on and off craving for ice cream and not just any ice cream but Dairy Queen soft serve...mmm.  I do have to say seeing my favorite Halloween candy in the stores is hard, but I'm not struggling with not being able to have it.  I'm waaaayyyyyyy better off with out LOL.

Overall, I am still pretty much status quo as far as weight goes, but I'm trying really hard to put that out of my mind as this is not what this is about.  I cannot go by what the scale tells me as it changes day to day, minute to minute so I am learning to get over it!  I do however notice more muscle build tho.  It'll all come together, just have to be patient and know that it is my overall health that is being benefited here and the less I stress the easier this will all be.  I think I've done a pretty good job discarding all I know about calorie counting, cardio, portion obsessions and everything else that comes w/ the typical "diet".  I'm learning to get over my "fear" of fats and realizing it is not all about long cardio bouts.

So basically I'm still tweaking and I'll figure out how this will all work the best for me, it will just take time and experiments.  I can't say enough tho how great it is that I can eat a good size yummy meal and not feel ridiculously uncomfortable afterwards.  It's a very freeing feeling.

Hope yall have a great rest of your Sunday evening and a great week! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment