Monday, October 3, 2011

TUNA! I love TUNA!

Happy Monday!  A new day to another week!  It is STILL on and off rainy here (wth?!?) and still very chilly.  I suppose it is better than ice and snow, but still!  I would like to enjoy my fall while I can.  Before we know it, I'll be back in a southern state where fall is not a "normal" fall.  I like this little town but I am looking forward to getting out of here, mainly because I don't have much option to the stores and quality food items.  It gets a little frustrating when I have items in mind and then none of the stores have what I am looking for.  Just a tad bit of annoyance...next time I know I am going to small town, I will make sure to take some extra products w/ me in the case this happens again.

So as for my butt kickings in the last week, I already shared the first one so here are the last 2...

I had to hold plank for as long as I could and my time would determine how many rounds I would complete for my WOD.
Round was:

  • 5 burpees
  • 10 sit-ups
  • 15 kettlebell swings

I held my plank for what seemed like a very long 3 minutes.  This meant I had to do 12 rounds.  I completed all this in just under 20minutes.  The last 2 rounds I was definitely cheering myself on to finish strong!  It works I tell ya!


My last workout on Saturday was this...
2 rounds of:

  • 75 body weight squats
  • 50 kb swings
  • 25 burpees

I finished round 1 in 5:53 and round 2 in 6:28...I was tired thru out the workout but not due to the workout.  It is nice knowing tho that I don't have to spend 45 minutes or more doing a workout, I like having quickies over and done with.

Some notable meals from week:
I made some yellowtail tuna steaks...they were pretty delish!  For sides we had a cucumber salad using rice vinegar and by request some cauli mash (matt hates cauliflower but LOVES this stuff!)

I love me some avocado and will eat it whenever I can!

The tuna steaks were pretty easy, just salt and peppered them and pan fried them for about 2 minutes each side...came out perfect!  The cucumbers are just sliced and I add rice vinegar, no specific amount, I just eyeball it depending on the amount of cucs I have.  As for the cauli mash, I use KPK's recipe.  I may add a little bit more garlic but we love our garlic over here!  I didn't have a food processor at this point in time (either a hand held mixer or the bullet) so I used the hand held...worked great (made a mess tho) and made it more like chunky mash vs creamy mash.  I have since gotten a food processor so creamy from here on out folks!

One of my other go to lunches when I'm being less than creative or just want something quick is tuna salad...I throw some romaine lettuce down on the plate, mix up my tuna/olive oil/green onions/seasonings mix/hardboiled egg, tomatoes and some avocado...add a little balsamic vinegar and bam! a very quick, easy, tasty, filling lunch.

something about tuna in olive oil and balsamic vinegar...it just works!

So today started the split shifts for Matt's work...he is on nights...our schedule is about to be rocked!  Actually, I stay pretty much on my normal schedule and I tell him that I cannot switch to his as it's too rough on my body...I've tried it before.  So maybe I'll start being better about posting more regularly with having so much time on my hands...maybe ;0)

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried looking for a Whole Foods/Sprouts type of grocery in Toledo? Toledo isn't too aweful far. You could do a stock up trip or something.

    ReplyDelete