Friday, October 7, 2011

1 Month!

Well...it's been 1 month since I've gone Paleo and what do I have to show for it???  Well, muscle tone is improving, I'm eating way better than I have in over 5 years, I'm no longer a prisoner of calories and portions, my digestive system is learning to LOVE me again (that's huge!) and I'm not gaining weight...yes most lose weight with in the first month, but so what my body is stubborn and hates me thru all the tortuous diet schemes I used to put it thru, but I'd much rather maintain than gain considering how I'm eating now.  What I will really need to do is take my measurements and see how i'm doing...just need to find that pesky tape measure...I always seem to misplace it after I use it...

To celebrate my 1 month on Paleo, I made myself one hell of an awesome ribeye (best one I've cooked by myself yet, which doesn't say much as Matt is our steak guy) that was cooked almost perfect for me, it could have been a little more on the rare side, but I was not complaining!  I pan fried this sucker in some butter and mmm mmm good it was!  On the side I had some cauliflower mash, yum!  Matt once again requested it for his dinner so I made a big batch so I could have some and we could some more the next couple of days if we'd like.  I don't care if you think you hate cauliflower...you'd more than likely love the mash, in fact, if it was made for you and know one told you that it was cauliflower, I'd bet you'd never even know!  Yes, that is just how amazing it is!

yes...I have avocado with just about every meal...the only difference is how much...
My eyes happened to be very large when I scooped out that large helping of the mash, but it was soooo good!

Some other notable meals that I have recently made were some chicken thighs baked with some bacon, onion and brussel sprouts (holy yum).  I baked the chicken thighs on 350 for about 30minutes.  I only salt and peppered them before.  I then chopped up the bacon and fried it up.  When it was done, I removed it from pan and added the brussel sprouts and onion.  I fried/sauteed them until done and mixed bacon back in, those flavors were amazing.  It was a pretty simple and quick meal to put together.


Another night, I believe it was Matt's first night on nights was meatloaf!  He doesn't care for meatloaf so him being on night's is the perfect time to make dishes that I know he'd be less than thrilled by.  I haven't had meatloaf in a long time due to the fact standard meatloaf these days is just not something someone eats when trying to watch their weight...This however hit the spot!  I adapted the recipe from Kait's Primal Kitchen as she used ground bison and I didn't have that so I replaced it with half ground beef and half ground pork.  I also used seasoning leaning more towards the Italian flavors to try and match my mom's which I loved growing up. Other than those changes, I followed the recipe to a T.  With my meatloaf (which smelled sooooo good while baking...) I had some left over spaghetti squash...excuse my picture of my mound of meatloaf as I wasn't very smooth about getting my slices out of the loaf pan...oh well!

It was good the next day and the next, both cold and re-heated...mmm

My workouts for this week have gone pretty well...It's been BEAUTIFUL here so I have done them ALL outside, except Monday's as I just did some yoga while waiting for my meatloaf.  Tuesday Bear and I went for a walk/run...the run segments being short, sweet and fast.  We did this all the way into town and went down by the marina where he rested and I did squats and push-ups before turning around and coming back.  I felt so good after that workout...thinking about a repeat today!

Wednesday was a 21-15-9 workout with kettlebell high-pulls, hand release push-ups and flipping burpees...those are really going to be the death me...lol.  Thursday I did 4 rounds of 10 push-ups, 20 kettlebell swings, 30 sit-ups and 40 body weight squats.  It was very nice being able to do this outside on our patio...I hope we leave this area before the real fall/winterish weather starts because I don't want it!  

Have a great weekend! TGIF! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment